Adrenal Fatigue and Stress
Why is this important?
Lifestyle, physical and psychological stresses put constant demands on the adrenal glands. If they get depleted adrenal fatigue or insufficiency may be experienced.
Adrenal dysfunction may reveal the degree of adrenal insufficiency or exhaustion.
Symptoms include fatigue, hypotension, and lowered resistance to stress, salt cravings, hypoglycaemia and lowered immunity. Adrenal insufficiency frequently plays a role in conditions such as chronic fatigue syndrome, allergies, rheumatoid arthritis, post-traumatic stress syndrome, anorexia and most diseases for which corticosteroids are involved in the treatment.
Assessing cortisol, DHEA and other adrenal hormone levels may help to identify these patients and will assist effective therapy. Cortisol directly impacts on neurotransmitter catecholamines, commonly known as adrenalin flight-flight-freeze.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- Adrenal hormones – DHEA and Cortisol
- Understanding the HPA axis
- Types of stress
- Symptoms of adrenal dysfunction
- Why test adrenal function
- Testing options for adrenal dysfunction
- Cortisol awakening response
- Treatment of Cortisol imbalance
Video Duration: 37:37 Minutes
- Measuring stress
- Case study
- Unraveling of Cortisol levels
- Interpretation of results
- Management of adrenal fatigue
Video Duration: 33:20 minutes
Adrenal fatigue Questionnaire