- Your desire to learn more about the Integrative Medicine approach to the topic
- Willing to watch and listen to all of the content
- Be interactive and ask questions pertaining to the topic
- Understand why it is important to learn about the topic
- Physiology of the body in relation to the topic
- How to assess the condition or symptoms
- Understanding what the lab results mean
- How to manage with pharmaceutical and natural medicine treatment
- Where to find more information
- Consult with Vanita
- Anyone who wants to make informed choices with their health
- Consumers, patients, family and friends interested in the topic
- Health practitioners, pharmacists, herbalists, naturopaths, doctors
- Not-for-profit Collectives, Groups and Enterprises
Alchemy of Health Webinar Series – Overcoming Alcohol Addiction Naturally
The biological basis of addiction helps to explain why people need much more than good intentions or willpower to break their addictions.
Why is it important?
One in 5 people will experience problems with addictions during their lifetime. People get addicted to all sorts of things: the most common addictions are alcohol, drugs, medication, inhalants, tobacco or stimulants; other get addicted to work, sugar, video games or their devices. The good news is that addictions can be managed effectively with the right treatment and support.
Addiction affects brain chemicals, and is considered a brain disorder and not simply, a behavioural problem of too much indulgence.
Psychotherapy or talk therapy may therefore, not be enough, albeit extremely valuable.
Research in neurogenetics have shown that mutations in genes can influence the excitation and reward centres in the brain. The power of managing addiction lies in its ability to hijack key brain chemicals and change the expression of genes that are capable of destroying lives, friendships and relationships.
What you will learn:
➡ Addiction and the brain
➡ Neurogenetic potential in addictions
➡ Assessing neurochemistry in an addict
➡ Management options for addiction
Video – Overcoming Alcohol Addiction Naturally
Presentation Slides – Overcoming Alcohol Addiction Naturally
Certificate of Attendance
This offering provides CPD continuing professional development credits. Certificate of Attendance is available upon request.