- Your desire to learn more about the Integrative Medicine approach to the topic
- Willing to watch and listen to all of the content
- Be interactive and ask questions pertaining to the topic
- Understand why it is important to learn about the topic
- Physiology of the body in relation to the topic
- How to assess the condition or symptoms
- Understanding what the lab results mean
- How to manage with pharmaceutical and natural medicine treatment
- Where to find more information
- Consult with Vanita
- Anyone who wants to make informed choices with their health
- Consumers, patients, family and friends interested in the topic
- Health practitioners, pharmacists, herbalists, naturopaths, doctors
- Not-for-profit Collectives, Groups and Enterprises
Alchemy of Health Webinar Series – PCOS from a Brain and Hormone Perspective
Why is it important?
PCOS is the most common hormonal disorder among pre-menopausal women, affecting 20% of Australian women of child-bearing age.
Neurotransmitter imbalance can impact the severity of PCOS due to its association with insulin resistance, weight gain, and fertility. These women are 10 times more likely to have a diagnosis of infertility. Women who suffer with PCOS can experience hirsutism, hair loss, weight gain, acne, difficulty getting pregnant and depression.
PCOS sufferers are also at a much higher risk of heart disease, diabetes, mental health conditions, reproductive disorder and cancer of the lining of the womb, researchers at The University of Western Australia have found.
In this webinar, you will learn:
✔ The metabolic changes of PCOS
✔ How PCOS affects a woman
✔ The impact of hormones and neurotransmitters in PCOS
✔ Management options in PCOS, both conventional and natural
Video – PCOS from a Brain and Hormone Perspective
Presentation Slides – PCOS from a Brain and Hormone Perspective
Certificate of Attendance
This offering provides CPD continuing professional development credits. Certificate of Attendance is available upon request.