Alchemy of Health Webinar Series – Choosing the Right Medicine for your Genes
Why is it important?
The identification of genes is traditionally used in finding your ancestral heritage, identifying your parents or finding the murderer in a criminal case. Today, the study of genetics has expanded to tell us
- how our genes determine the way we use nutrients or lose weight
- how the genes determine which drug is best suited for your health condition
- which gene mutation will predict a disease like cancer or Alzheimer’s
The study of pharmacogenomics reveals how a person’s unique genetic makeup influences the response to medications.
Epigenomics on the other hand expresses a multitude of chemical compounds that can tell the genome what to do and nutrigenomics shows how food affects a person’s genes and how their genes affect the way the body responds to food.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- 101 on foundational genetics
- Benefits of human genomics
- Gene assessment options
- Genetic mutations in health conditions
- Understanding what your genes mean
This offering provides CPD continuing professional development credits for CMA and ATMS