Motor Neurone Disease (MND) is a baffling disease – You either learn to live with it or die from it!
Why is this important?
MND refers to a group of progressive neurological disorders that destroy motor neurones, the cells that control voluntary muscle activity such as speaking, walking, breathing, and swallowing. Many forms of motor neurone disease exist with unknown causes presenting as a complex interplay of genes and the environment.
Learn about MND in a podcast and webinar.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- potential causes
- types of neurone diseases
- influence of genetics
- assessment options
- signs and symptoms of each variety of disease
- new advances in MND management from current pharmaceutical medications, oligonucleotides,
- neurotropic growth factors to current drug trials
- nutritional, amino acid, herbal, antioxidant support
- hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- stem cell therapy
- supportive physical therapies
Video Duration: 29:01
Listen to Vanita’s podcast interview on Motor Neurone Disease with Andrew Whitfield-Cook of FxMedicine
Abnormal glycine metabolism in motor neurone disease: studies on plasma and cerebrospinal fluid.
This offering provides CPD continuing professional development credits for